Sunday, March 28, 2010

My small army









So yesterday we had Dylan and Ethan over and the boys were restless. They all wanted to play on the computer so bein the mean mom and aunt that I am I kicked them all outside because it was a nice spring day (where we live anyway). Then they were fighting over what to play army or hunting. I just laughed to my self boys will be boys. because either way they would hide and go shoot at each other either in war or in hunting the animal of choice. They finally decided on army and I remembered the week after halloween they had army guy costumes on sale for $2 and well I cant pass up a good buy so I bought four costumes knowing they someday would be put to good use. Brendan was the one who wanted hunting and the older boys wanted army and he usually has to go along with what they want to do so I pulled him aside and got him all geared up to play. Within seconds after stepping outside the other 2 boys came running in asking for theirs. I teased them for a bit and finally gave in and got theirs out. Then my little "princess" was all over getting dressed up girls will be girls. She was the cutest little army guy I have ever seen. That was the best idea I have had in a while that kept them entertained for hours (oh and me too). While doing dishes I would get a glimpse of the kids running and sneaking past in their cute costumes.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I miss your cute kids! You are such a great mom too, getting them all geared up. :) I have a great idea, move down here and we can get our kids together and play. McKylla talks about Jordan, Brendan, and Sage ALL the time. I miss my awesome neighbor. Tell your kids hi for me and give Sage a big kiss for me! LOL!! Has anyone moved into our old house, btw? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! Good idea to buy the costumes. We need to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a mean mom/aunt for making your kids use their imaginations... lol! I love the picture of Sage in her costume.

    ReplyDelete