Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ok so I am finally ready to sit down and write my frustrations. We went to SLC last week and again came home with no new news as to what is going on with my little guy. We did get told that he has a lot more abnormal activity on the left side of his brain and are now concerned and want to do cognative testing. So in other words they think he may be getting some brain damage and causing him to have some mental disabilities. I have noticed a huge change in him over the last couple of months and even more so since I was away. He seems to act like he is autistic/ocd/adhd rolled into one at times. It is very heart breaking to watch him go through this and I know it bothers him. It breaks my heart when he tells me he wishes he would've never seen the bright lights because he wants things to go back the way they were. I am having a really hard time lately trying to cope and deal with this, that is why it has taken me a while to update this. I am frustrated with Dr.'s and don't know what to do about it. I want answers and I want them yesterday. I have seen my little boy change so fast in the last couple of months that I almost don't even recognize him. He has gained 20lbs in the last 2 months which is a lot going from 52lbs to 70lbs and I keep getting told its a growth spurt. I have a hard time believing that! He has gone from being my little shadow always wanting to help with whatever I am doing to not listening, hitting, pinching, scratching, and being just plain mean. Every once in a while I will see glimpses of him peek through. We have no appointments scheduled and that makes life uneasy for me. I feel like I have hit a dead end and can't find my way out.
We are so thankful for all our family and friends for all the love and support that they have given us. We have had so many ask what they can do to help. That has meant so much just knowing you are there when we need you. We don't know what we can do and don't know what anyone else can do, but just pray for him. I am sorry this is so depressing I am trying to be positive I have had a rough month.

No comments:

Post a Comment